Tuesday, March 27, 2012

AAYL Now for some filler

Ha ha! What did I say about trying to post more frequently? Possibly it goes without saying, but I've been too busy writing the last chapter to have any time to trawl through the old entries. When in the midst of writing, I find it too hard to read anything else and keep my wits end from fraying. 


However - hind-, fore-, whateversight being fortuitous - I pushed through the pain barrier and 'gave a crack' at looking at the AAYL archives for twenty minutes this morning, while I was reading bad music press, and this old diary entry seemed to sync up nicely in the pursuit of serendipity. 


Please note: I doubt any context is required for this entry. If you know anything about the states of Australia, then you'll get what the taxi reference is about. Not sure what the terrible metaphors are about. I'm guessing the diary entry is from around 2004. 


Please, please note: No sex in this one.



**************************



Saturday 22nd of November
Your thoughts are irrelevant. Just because you live in a city of culture does not mean that there are any artistic or intellectual facets of your being worth mentioning. I had a marvelous dream last night. I dreamt that all of the world's music press no longer existed. My mouth was completely dry and nothing passed over my lips. Nobody knew what entertainment journalism was, they didn't even have a notion of what it would consist of. Shit, my head feels like it is going to explode. There's a tightly coiled spring in my neck pushing against my skull. Any moment now and I'll hear a violent 'PLOP!', closely followed by my brains bouncing over the keyboard. I'll continue forward nevertheless. It could be years before my body gives up after losing its main means of perambulation. Insert a preaching line. Insert a condescending line. Insert an asinine line masquerading as impertinence. Here are some thoughts about my meaningless life. Here's some musings on the validation of my existence. Now some filler. Now the best sentence I've ever written; a planet buckling, zeitgeist forming remark, deleted moments before I decide to use it. It's a lovely night. The sky is warm but the wind is a cool balancing breeze. Why don't you spend it outside? Wander along the pavement, past the silent pillboxes sleeping. Apart from the wind washing over your face, hear how silent the world is. Hear the stars call out to you from behind their cosmetic mask. Silver pinpricks pushing through the mist. Marvel at it, at something - hell anything - aside from your stupid self. I remember yellow taxis, I remember the shock at no cultural repositioning at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment